Tuesday, October 26, 2010

I tried going live...

Hello Futures Fans. Interesting story for you today.

I've been paper trading for a while now in preparation to go live again.*

If you are familiar with my trading history, please skip the following paragraph. If you aren't familiar with it, here it is:

*I have been a Market Mover Independent Trader for a number of months. I started out very successfully by implementing MMT strategies. I made over 100% on my initial investment within just a few weeks. Then I got greedy. Aggressive. Irresponsible, really. I ventured way beyond the scope of MMT and into no-man's-land. I had no idea what I was doing and lost all my money, all because I didn't stay within the confines of the MMT strategies I learned. It really is as simple as that. Thus my slow, methodical rebirth and dedication to sticking to what made me successful and the avoidance of the amateurish pitfalls that hurt me before. Oh, and thus my advice to all my friends: Don't be dumb like I was. When I was sticking to the rules, I won 11 out of my 12 live trades.

Mentally, my poor decisions from so many months ago were a huge obstacle to overcome. It shattered my confidence, and in the end I had to recover mentally more than financially.

Well, now I'm back. I know from personal experience how powerful a tool MMT is. The education it gives you costs very little and gives you a skill that will literally transform your life. I will do this until my dying day or the end of the world, whichever comes first (unless they come simultaneously I guess).

Now, transitioning back to the topic of the post and the interesting story I promised...

I finally began trading live again today, after a few months' hiatus. That is, at least, I TRIED trading live. I talked to my broker to get my account active again and went to trade the 7:00 am Consumer Confidence announcement and had my trade rejected due to my account being blocked. In a nutshell, my broker let me down and didn't fully activate my account. Nevertheless, despite their screw-up, the important thing is that I properly executed the strategy and had the account been active, I would have made 1.5 points, equivalent to 15%. Since I am starting out small, that would have been a real money profit of $150 today.

So while I'm pretty annoyed with my broker- Global Futures- they have now fixed the issue and tomorrow I will be good to go. Nothing is perfect in life, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment